A small, public university with just over 1,750 students from around the world, the University of South Carolina Beaufort is a dynamic and vibrant academic community that serves the Lowcountry and beyond.
Led by Chancellor Al M. Panu, the University has two campuses situated in the heart of the Lowcountry—the Hilton Head Gateway campus in Bluffton, South Carolina, and the Historic Beaufort campus in Beaufort, South Carolina. These two campuses bring powerful futures to life through:
- 30 academic programs and majors that incorporate exceptional instruction, extensive hands-on learning, and leading-edge resources and technology.
- A location in proximity to world-class resorts at Hilton Head Island, the historically rich artistic setting in Beaufort, and much more to elevate hands-on learning.
- A student-to-faculty ratio of 17:1 that delivers a highly individualized learning environment.
- Leading educational opportunities at a truly affordable price, since USCB is known as the most affordable four-year institution in the state of South Carolina.
- Research opportunities in state-of-the art laboratories, a Student Research and Scholarship Day, and the ability to present research nationally and publish in nationally respected journals.
With its heritage dating back to Beaufort College in the late 1700s, USCB continues to play a large role in the powerful futures of our students, faculty and staff, and communities we serve throughout the Lowcountry.