The following is the standard format for a Liberal Studies Thesis. While not every thesis paper will include the same sections and items, the following can be used as a general guideline.
NOTE: The title page (and its specific formatting), Table of Contents, and Thesis Summary are required for ALL senior theses regardless of discipline or project type. Copies that fail to contain those three elements will not be accepted.
- Title Page (REQUIRED)
- Table of Contents (REQUIRED)
- Thesis Summary (REQUIRED): about 2 pages appearing after the Table of Contents written in less formal and less technical terminology than the Abstract or Introduction. Must be included in the Table of Contents
- Main Body
- Endnotes, Works Cited or References (required if sources are quoted.)
- Tables, Graphs, Photos, Maps, etc. (if appropriate)
- Bibliography (required if no Endnotes, Works Cited or References section is included)
- Appendix(ces) (if appropriate)
- Page numbers: The pages must be numbered consecutively.