Double Major Options
A major in a foreign language is complimentary and undeniably beneficial to any undergraduate degree offered at USCB. The following is merely a sampling of majoring in Spanish and another degree, regardless of the department:
- Double Major in Spanish and English
- Double Major in Spanish and History
- Double Major in Spanish and Hospitality
- Double Major in Spanish and Psychology
Things to Know about a Second Major
In some degree programs, a student may elect a second major. Normally, second majors are possible only in degree programs with similar general education requirements. The second major option is not available among all degree programs.
- The student must meet admission and program/progression requirements for the second major.
- The student must have received approval from both Department Chairs for each second major.
- All requirements for the second major must be fulfilled.
- All general education and special degree program requirements normally associated with the second major must be fulfilled.
- In cases where the first major and the second major lead to different degrees, the student must designate one as the official degree of record. A second major eliminates the cognate requirement; however, special degree program requirements normally completed as part of the cognate are not waived. Fulfillment of the requirements for a second major are indicated on the student's official transcript upon graduation. No notation for a second major is placed on the official transcript for course work completed after graduation.