Saturday Business Degree Plan
Students enrolled in the Saturday Business Degree Plan can earn a bachelor’s degree in business from a recognized institution of higher education in less than two years. With its complete-business management approach, the curriculum emphasizes leadership, business operations, ethics, social responsibility and strategic thinking. The course of study focuses on key business functions such as marketing, finance and operations, and fosters a better understanding of crucial management issues—leadership, human resources, innovation and strategic management.
The Saturday Business Degree Plan is ideal for the career-minded individual who wants to earn a business degree without taking time off from work during the week. It is designed for working adults who:
- Have an associate’s degree or have completed partial work toward a four-year degree
- Have a degree in another field or are seeking a degree in business
- Can expedite their career advancement with a degree in business
- Want a degree from a recognized university on an accelerated timetable
- Accelerated 22 month program, two courses every 8 weeks, meeting every Saturday
- Convenient and predictable Saturday class schedule
- Cohort/study team format that encourages mutual support
- Modern, state-of-the-art classroom facilities that enhance learning
- Financial aid/deferred tuition payment plan
- Academically and professionally qualified faculty that includes many former corporate executives
- Faculty advisor assigned to each student
- Convenient location in Bluffton, S.C.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in business in less than two years
- Saturday classes enable students to focus on work and family during the week
- Highly interactive classroom sessions foster engagement and encourage adult learners to share real-world experiences
- Employer-based reimbursement payment schedule can result in complete tuition reimbursement for qualifying students
- Bluffton campus is only minutes away from Savannah, Beaufort and Hilton Head Island
- Students earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Business from a recognized university
- Savannah-area residents pay in-state tuition
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: When does the program start?
A: Every fall in late August.
Q: How long are the classes?
A: Two classes take place every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during an eight-week cycle.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: The tuition for each course is about $890. Many employers offer tuition-reimbursement programs that pay $5,250 a year or more. There are ways to dramatically reduce or even eliminate the cost of tuition for students who qualify by aligning scholarship with employer-reimbursement schedules. Savannah-area residents also pay the lower, in-state tuition.
Q: How do I enroll and financial aid availability?
A: Our admissions process involves an application and a review of prior transcripts. Click here to access our APPLICATION PAGE and follow the instructions to complete the application. Rolling admissions occur from January to June. Directions for filling out FAFSA and financial aid information is also available in the Admissions area of the USCB web site.
Q: How long does it take to enroll?
A: Getting a previous college to send your transcript can take two weeks to two months, depending on the college, so request your transcripts as soon as possible. When we have your online application and your transcripts, we can decide on admission within two weeks.
For more information about the program or the admissions process, contact Dr. Peter Swift, Saturday Business Degree Plan coordinator, at 843.208.8213, or call the department administrative assistant at 843.208.8230.