The RN-BSN completion track is for registered nurses who wish to obtain a BSN and already hold a diploma or an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN).
Potential students are encouraged to meet with a nursing advisor prior to general admission to determine eligibility and a recommended course of study.
Registered Nurse applicants must meet the following BSN program entrance requirements:
- Accepted for general admission to USCB
- Associate of Science degree in nursing or diploma in nursing from an accreditated basic nursing program.
- Minimum cumulative collegiate GPA of 2.0 or higher
- A ‘C’ grade or above on all science and Nursing courses with a maximum of one science or one Nursing course repeated once to earn a minimumgrade of ’C'
- Current unencumbered RN licensure
- Completion of prerequisite courses including all sciences, English, sociology, psychology and statistics. (Although it is recommended that the language and other general education requirements be completed prior to the core nursing courses, the former may be completed at any time prior to graduation.)
Students who meet the above requirements and wish to apply to the RN to BSN track must submit the following:
- A completed USCB RN- BSN program application
- One letter of reference describing the applicant’s clinical performance and potential for academic success
- A current professional resume
- Evidence of current unencumbered RN license