If you're not sure if you've received the Hope Scholarship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Have other questions about scholarships? Feel free to contact anyone listed above!
Scholarships aren't your only hope. But they help.
The South Carolina Hope Scholarship is a one-year merit based scholarship created for eligible first-time entering freshmen attending an eligible four-year institution in South Carolina. Eligible full-time students may receive the following awards: Up to $2,650 (including a $150 book allowance) toward the cost of attendance form a maximum of two terms. Please review the South Carolina HOPE Scholarship eligibility requirements.
In order to be considered for the HOPE Scholarship, students must meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen under state residency statutes.
- You must be a South Carolina resident at the time of high school graduation and during the period of award.
- You must have graduated from a South Carolina high school or graduated from a high school outside of South Carolina while a dependent of a parent or legal guardian who is a legal resident.
- You must be a full-time, first-year undergraduate student seeking your first baccalaureate degree.
- You must not be receiving the South Carolina Palmetto Fellows or LIFE Scholarships.
- You must not have been judged delinquent, nor have been convicted or pled guilty or nolo contendere to any felony in any state.
- You must not have been convicted of any alcohol or drug-related misdemeanor in any state within the past academic year.
- You must not be in default or owe a refund or repayment on any Federal or State financial aid.
- You must have a 3.00 final high school grade point average based on the Uniform Grading Policy.
You may access further, more detailed information and other provisions on the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education website.