International Students at USCB
Students from all around the world discover their home away from home at the University of South Carolina Beaufort. Each year, USCB attracts students from five continents and nearly 40 U.S. states who seek a powerful future.
- We work with international students every day. We attract students from countries such as Austria, Bolivia, Germany, India, Republic of Korea, South Africa, United Kingdom, and more.
- We're affordable. Our four-year tuition rate is the most affordable in South Carolina.
- Our campus living is incredible. We have some of the best apartment-style residence halls you've ever seen. You're going to be far away from home, and what better way to live than at Palmetto Village, where our six residence halls have full kitchens, private bedrooms, and free in-room laundry.
- You'll love our state-of-the-art facilities. At the Hilton Head Gateway campus, everything has been built within the past 10 years. That means our classrooms have the latest technologies to better help you learn.
- We're in the heart of it all. USCB is situated between Charleston, S.C., and Savannah, Ga., two vibrant cities that are known for their art, culture, entertainment, history, and shopping, and both campuses are just a short distance from Hilton Head Island and the Atlantic Ocean.
- You are supported from day one. At USCB, you are welcomed into a diverse and vibrant community where you will have an impact and help shape our culture.
At USCB, you will not only discover your powerful future, but your background, experience, and perspective will help your fellow classmates' discover their powerful futures as well.
Four Easy Steps to Apply to USCB
- Apply online
- Applicants who have completed coursework, high school/secondary or university-level,
outside of the United States will need to have a course-by-course evaluation of transcripts
completed and forwarded to the University of South Carolina Beaufort by a service,
which may include one of the following or a service that is certified by the National
Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the American Translators
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (550 on the standard, 213 on
the computer-based version or 77 on the internet based TOEFL). This test is required for all international students except those whose native language
The following countries are exempt from the TOEFL requirement:
Canada (note: Quebec students must take the TOEFL)
- SAT or ACT scores; The SAT and ACT tests the students ability to complete college based courses. SAT or ACT is required for all students. A score of at least 880 on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (ERW) combined with the Math section for SAT tests taken after March 2016 or a score of at least 800 combined on Critical Reading and Math for tests taken before March 2016. A score of at least 17 Composite on the ACT is required.
... Learn acceptance status
Contact the Office of Admissions
If you have any general questions that you can't find the answer to on our website, please contact us.
University of South Carolina Beaufort
Office of Admissions
One University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909
Phone (843) 208-8055
Fax (843) 208-8290