Picture of students using computers in the library

International Freshmen

We'd love to meet you.

A student who is neither a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident and is completing or has completed high school or secondary school and has not taken a college or university course after high school completion. These are transcripts or certificates of satisfactory study such as "A" or "O" levels, baccalaureate, bachillerato, Abitur, or other school certificates. These records should include an official English translation of the subjects you have studied and the grades you made in each subject. It is very important to explain the grading system of each school.

International Freshmen Admissions Requirements

  • Official School Records - The successful freshman applicant will demonstrate his or her potential for success by completing a College Preparatory Curriculum with a cumulative average of 2.0 on the defined preparatory courses. For more information see the College Preparatory Curriculum. Official school records, including official high school and college transcripts, must be translated into English prior to being sent to the Admissions Office. All transcripts issued by high schools and colleges not located in the U.S. must be sent to a third party evaluation company.


    World Education Services, Inc.
    P.O. Box 5087
    Bowling Green Station
    New York, NY 10274
    Phone: 212-966-6311
    FAX: 212-966-6395
    Email: info@wes.org
    WWW: http://www.wes.org

    Educational Credential
    Evaluators, Inc.

    PO Box 92970
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
    Phone: 414-289-3400
    FAX: 414-289-3411
    Email: eval@ece.org
    WWW: http://www.ece.org


    Josef Silny & Assoc., Inc.
    International Education Consultants

    PO Box 248233
    Coral Gables, FL 33124
    Phone: 305-273-1616
    FAX: 305-273-1338
    Email: info@jsilny.com
    WWW: http://www.jsilny.com

    International Education
    Res. Foundation

    PO Box 3665
    Culver City, CA 90231
    Phone: 310-258-9451
    FAX: 310-342-7086
    Email: info@ierf.org
    WWW: http://www.ierf.org

  • Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (550 on the standard, 213 on the computer-based version or 77 on the internet based TOEFL). This test is required for all international students except those whose native language is English.

    The following countries are exempt from the TOEFL requirement:

    American Samoa
    Canada (note: Quebec students must take the TOEFL)

    Grand Cayman
    New Zealand
    Sierra Leone
    United Kingdom

    • Information about this test can be found at many schools or at U.S. embassies, consulates or offices. If information is not available in your country, you may write to TOEFL, Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541-6151, USA. Their website is www.toefl.org.
    • SAT or ACT scores; The SAT and ACT tests the students ability to complete college based courses. SAT or ACT is required for all students. A score of at least 880 combined Evidence Based-Reading and Writing (ERW) with the Math section for tests taken after March 2016 or a score of at least 800 combined on Critical Reading and Math for tests taken before March 2016 or a score of at least 17 Composite on the ACT is required.

Mail all admissions documents to

University of South Carolina Beaufort
Office of Admissions

One University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909

Once your application is complete with a copy of your passport, original bank certification, original transcripts and course by course evaluations have been received and processed, you will be issued a letter of acceptance or denial. If accepted, you will be issued an I-20 form, an immigration document, stating that you have been accepted into a degree program here at the University of South Carolina Beaufort. Once you receive this I-20 and pay your SEVIS fee, you must apply for a student visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate. This visa stamp in your passport shows the visa status you will hold while here in the U.S. You are permitted to enter the country within 30 days of the start of your program stated on your I-20, but no earlier.