Merit and General Scholarships
Scholarships are offered exclusively to USCB students, most of which are based on academic achievements and individual potential. Many of these are sponsored by individuals and organizations from the Lowcountry—right here in our own backyard—who believe in USCB and the experience we provide.
The university is also offering the following scholarships:
USCB Palmetto Fellow - Plus: $3,000.00 per year, for up to four years.
- Students enrolled at the University of South Carolina Beaufort, who are Palmetto Fellow Scholarship eligible will be considered for the USCB Palmetto – Plus scholarship.
USCB LIFE- Plus: $2,000.00 per year for up to four years.
- Students enrolled at the University of South Carolina Beaufort, who are LIFE Scholarship eligible will be considered for the USCB Life – Plus scholarship.
Residential Scholarship – Out of State Tuition waiver (Currently $10,500.00 per year)
- Must reside in on-campus housing and meet one of the following criteria:
- SAT 1000 (CR and Math Combined)
- ACT 21 (Composite)
- Academic GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Overall college GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must have 30 Hours of transferable college credit. Transfer students with less than 30 hours of college transferable credit must meet freshmen criteria above.
Applying for Scholarships
Incoming Freshmen and Transfer Scholarships
Incoming Freshmen and Transfer students who have been accepted to the University are automatically considered for scholarships until funds are depleted. The admission application also serves as the scholarship application. To be automatically considered, incoming freshmen and transfer students must:
- Be admitted to USCB.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2016-2017 academic year. The FAFSA will be available after January 1, 2016, and students can file online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to add USCB’s School Code: 003450 on your FAFSA. Please apply by our priority date: March 1, 2016. Several scholarships are based on financial need. The scholarship selection committee will take into consideration a students' financial need as documented by the FAFSA.
Please contact Mr. Bob Davidson, Communications Manager, about possible institutional scholarship opportunities for new and transfer students:
Office of Enrollment Management; Hargray Building: Room 113 (Hilton Head Gateway Campus)
Phone: 843-208-8128 / Fax: 843-208-8290 / Email: BOB@uscb.edu
Tips for Applying for Scholarships outside of USCB
- Fastweb, College Board, Scholarships.com, and the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry search are good places to start.
- Begin the process early, apply to as many as possible, submit your application(s) before the recommended deadlines.
- Avoid scholarships that charge fees to apply, and be careful to not share personal information (i.e. your social security number) before an award is made.