The PEBA Website is the Perfect Source for Annual Enrollment Info
Some enhancements have been made to the Insurance Benefits website, http://www.peba.sc.gov/ to make annual enrollment easier for you.
One of the buttons on the bottom of the homepage has changed to Enrollment Info. This links to a general information page about annual enrollment. The page includes links to the Insurance Advantage (both editions), the annual enrollment video, MyBenefits and enrollment documentation information.
It is strongly encouraged for you to visit the Insurance Benefits website to learn more about annual enrollment and the changes they can make.
Helpful Benefits Tools
Enrollment and Coordination of Benefits:
- Within 31 days of hire or retirement date.
- PEBA Updates
- Change health plans
- Enroll or re-enroll in MoneyPlu$
- Enroll or drop State Vision Plan
- Enroll in or increase Optional Life with medical evidence
- Decrease or cancel Optional Life
- Make other changes as announced
Open Enrollment Period:
- October of odd-numbered years
- Enroll in or drop State Dental and/or Dental Plus
- Add or drop dependents from health or dental coverage
- My Benefits - This helpful video will show you how to get your BIN (Benefits Identification Number), how to Register in My Benefits, how to reset your password, how to sign in and how to make a change.
- 2016 Comparison of Health Plan Benefits
- 2016 Premiums
Dental Plus, Life Insurance Premiums also Increasing - Dental implants and related services will be covered under the State Dental and Dental Plus Plans. Services will be covered at 50% of the allowed amounts. The current benefit period maximums for all covered dental servicess will not change.
State Dental Plan - $1000 per benefit period
Dental Plus - combined $2000 per benefit period
- 2016 MoneyPlu$ Enrollment Form - Change is annual
- MoneyPlu$ Worksheets
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - This website has a very helpful video demo to see how you can create an account, check your doctor visits, view health and dental claim summaries, health & dental eligibility benfits and a personal health assessment.
- Express Scripts - Prescription drugs website
- EyeMed - Vision care
- USC Benefits website
- How to Order Replacement ID Cards
- 2016 Insurance Benefits Guide
The Employee Insurance Program (EIP) is conducting an extensive audit of dependent eligibility. EIP is the Division of the State Budget and Control Board that provides the insurance coverages for State Employee and their dependents. Blue Cross/Blue Shield currently has the contract for the management of these benefits but EIP is the actual provider. If you see an envelope from the SC Budget and Control Board or EIP - Employee Insurance Program do not disregard.