DUO Security Self-Service Enrollment Process
Click here for Multifactor Authentication FAQ's
(If you have already set up your VIP security questions, skip this step and proceed
directly to Step 2.)
Navigate to https://my.sc.edu/vipid/claim and fill in the fields with the appropriate information. If you do not know your
VIP ID please follow the instructions at https://my.sc.edu/vipid/
Tip: When setting up your security questions in my.sc.edu, please ensure you select questions
and answers that cannot be found on social networks.
Choose the verification method that works for you:
- Smart Phone Enrollment (if you have a smart phone, this is the preferred method)
- Traditional cell phone and landline
- Hardware Token
A. Smart Phone Enrollment
DUO 's self-enrollment process makes it easy to register your device and install the
DUO Mobile application on your smartphone or tablet.
- If you haven't already done so, set up your security questions in VIP per the instructions
in Step 1 of this document.
- On your computer, log in to https://my.sc.edu/multifactor with your USC Network ID and password.
- You will be prompted to answer one of the security questions you previously set up
- Press the Submit button
- On the next screen enter the phone number of the device you would like to enroll and
select whether this is a landline or mobile phone.
- If a mobile phone, select your smartphone's operating system type from the drop down
- Click the Submit button to enroll it.
- If you have enrolled a smartphone, a QR barcode will be displayed. You will need this
QR code to activate your smartphone for DUO after installing the app (screenshot below).
Already have Duo Mobile Installed?
It you have the Duo Mobile application installed on your device, you can activate
this device using one of the following.
- Open this link on your device
- Scan this image with the DuoPush Application on your device:
Installation and Activation of DUO mobile on a smartphone or Tablet
On your smartphone or tablet, install the DUO application by searching for "DUO Mobile"
in the Apple App store, Google Play Store or other vendor's software repositories.
- To activate DUO mobile, tap the + button in the top right of your screen and scan
the barcode from your computer screen (not the example barcodes above, or below).
- Hit the Continue button after scanning the barcode.
- To test that multi-factor authentication is working properly; select the Test Authentication
button on your computer screen.
- Log in with your USC Network ID and password
- Select your configured device from the drop down menu, choose an authentication method
("DUO push" is recommended), then select the Log in button.
B. Using DUO with traditional cell phones and landlines
Please refer to the DUO help page at http://guide.DUOsecurity.com/other-phones
C. Using DUO with a Hardware Token
Please refer to the DUO help page at http://guide.DUOsecurity.com/tokens