New Student Information
Welcome to University of South Carolina Beaufort! You will use a variety of technologies
during your stay here. You will need to get your university computer accounts and
logins setup as soon as possible. If you have not set up these previously please take
a few minutes and go through these steps to set up your accounts.
Set Up Your Password for Self-Service Carolina
Self-Service Carolina (SSC) is an Intranet that provides members of the USC community (students, faculty, staff, and alumni) secure, personal access to University data.
As a First Time User, you must set your own unique password for SSC here:
- Click on “I am a new user who has never used my VIP ID and need to
establish my password.”
- Fill in all the information as requested and click “Continue”.
- After you successfully complete this online process, your password will be set and you can log into SSC with your VIP ID number (provided on your acceptance letter) and password.
- Click here for Self-Service Carolina login information.
- Visit http://my.uscb.edu/apps/username/index.
- Enter your VIP ID number and password and click “LOGIN”
- When the new window loads, you will see “Your USC Network Username is: _____”
- Below your network username will be a space to set your password. Type in your new password and retype for verification, then hit “Set Password.” This password will be what you use to log into your University email & Blackboard.
- Your USCB email will be <network username>@email.uscb.edu. For example, if John Doe’s network username is jdoe2, his email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org.