Blackboard for Students
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is an online course and learning management system available to the entire USCB community. Every course offered at USCB has a Blackboard course generated for it. All instructors of record and registered students have access to Blackboard and their course sites.
Technical Requirements for Blackboard
Log in to Blackboard
Use your USCB Network Username and Password to log into Blackboard. If you do not know your USCB Network Username and Password, you can get the information through my.USCB.edu.
- Go to http://blackboard.uscb.edu.
- Enter your Username and Password in the appropriate fields, and then click Login.
Log out of Blackboard
Why should you log out of Blackboard, instead of just closing the Blackboard window?
If you do not log out of Blackboard, and you are using a public computer, anyone who using the computer after you will have access to your Blackboard account, including your grades, tests, and documents. Use the Logout button located in the upper right corner to log out of Blackboard.
Access Your Class
From the My USCB tab, under My Courses, click a class link to access the class. Or, click the Courses tab, and then click a class link under Course List.
Student On Demand Videos
- Working in Your Course: This set of videos helps you understand how to access your course content, take tests, pass in assignments and other course related activities.
- Global Navigation and My Blackboard
- Taking a Test Online
- Submitting an Assignment
- Checking Your Grades
- Using the Content Editor
- Working in Groups
- Creating and Editing a Blog Entry
- How to Use the Discussion Board
- Creating and Editing Wiki Pages
- Creating and Commenting on Journal Entries
- How to Quickly Jump from One Course to Another
- Staying Organized and Communicating: This set of videos helps you learn how to use the course tools to communicate with others in your course and manage your course work.
- How to Send Email from Your Course
- How to Create and Manage Tasks
- How to Use the Calendar
- How to Send and Receive Blackboard Course Messages
- Setting Your Preferences and Controlling Your Environment: This set of videos helps you customize your Blackboard experience and set your preferences.
- My Blackboard Profiles
- How to Create, Import, or Reconcile a MyEdu Profile
- Setting Your Notification Options
- Editing Personal Information and Privacy Options
- How to Change Your Password
- Adding an Avatar
- Customizing Your My Institution Page
- How to Customize Your Group Home Page
All Student Videos
- Blackboard Learn On Demand Tutorials for Students: The complete series of short video tutorials to help students learn how to use the various Blackboard Learn tools to be successful online. The complete playlist for the entire series of video tutorials to help instructors learn how to use tools, design their courses, and assess students.