USCB Fitness Center | Summer 2016
Please take a moment to fill out the application. Please direct any questions about the application and process to Lindsey Logue, Coordinator for Club Sports, Fitness, and Intramurals
Applications are due to Lindsey by Friday, April, 15.
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD | Summer 2016
Our summer employment period runs from May to August of each school year. Shifts are typically 3-4 hours in length.
PAY RATES INCENTIVES
The starting rate is $7.25 per hour.
- An active e-mail account is also necessary to check staff notices.
- Must hold and maintain a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be in good standing with the University
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Dependable and ability to follow-through with tasks
- Effective communication skills
- Basic computer skills.
- Telephone etiquette
- Excellent customer service
- American Red Cross CPR/AED certification
- Ensure the fitness center is a safe and positive environment for the members
- Circulate on the exercise floor in order to interact and assist participants
- Understand, explain, and enforce all USCB policies and procedures in a firm, fair, and consistent manner
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service in all interactions with members
- Feel comfortable using and demonstrating all the equipment
- Ensure safe usage of equipment and spot members as necessary
- Clean the fitness center and equipment
- Answer questions and be able to direct comments or questions to the right people
- Attend mandatory staff meetings
- Be familiar with USCB emergency procedures and be confident in their implementation
- Be a responder in the event of an emergency
- Other duties as assigned
- Hace Fun!