Victims of Sexual Violence (including Sexual Assault)
If you have been a victim of sexual violence and decide to report the incident at the University, you can expect that:
- You will be treated with dignity and respect and in a non-judgmental manner.
- You will be connected to campus and community resources that can assist victims of sexual violence (including available mental health services).
- You will be offered assistance in notifying proper authorities and will not be discouraged from filing a report.
- You will be afforded the opportunity to request immediate on-campus housing relocation, transfer of classes, or other steps to prevent unnecessary or unwanted contact to an alleged assailant.
- Should you choose to pursue action against an alleged assailant, the incident will be investigated and adjudicated by appropriate criminal and/or University personnel.
- You may invite an advisor of your choice to accompany you through the University disciplinary proceedings (if applicable).
- You will be notified of the outcome of related University discipline proceedings (if applicable).